DNA Technical Leader
Responsibilities: The DNA Technical Leader requires extensive knowledge of all aspects of forensic DNA laboratory processing and reporting. This position will work closely with senior management to develop and implement new policies and procedures; and will aid in the training of all new serologists and analysts.
Located very near the Wasatch Mountains and with all four seasons, Salt Lake City offers all sorts of outdoor adventures including biking, hiking, skiing, golfing, and more.
Click the following button to fill out our application form and introduce yourself, we are excited to meet you and learn more about your qualifications. You will also be uploading your resume and other certification documents you might hold.
The essential duties of the DNA Technical Leader include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure proper use of the non-conformance and corrective action (NCA) system to effectively resolve non-conformances in laboratory processes through accurate root cause(s) identification and corrective action implementation.
- Perform method validation and prepare written reports.
- Coordinate and assist management with the training of Serologists and Analysts.
- Evaluate and prepare a written opinion concerning the identification and comparability of biological samples; and testify as an expert witness in a Court of Law.
- Aid in solving technical problems and propose new or modified analytical procedures and assist in their implementation into the laboratory.
- Participate in proficiency testing in accordance with FBI QAS standards.
- Update personal skills and knowledge to remain current and become efficient and proficient in the position.
- Work under limited supervision.
Qualifications: A master’s degree or equivalent in biology, chemistry, or a forensic science related area and three years of relevant experience in a forensic DNA laboratory. College course work or classes covering the subject areas of: biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, and statistics and/or population genetics is required.
Preference will be given to applicants with five or more years of relevant experience in a forensic DNA laboratory and with successful completion of the FBI sponsored auditor training program and comprehensive knowledge of forensic DNA laboratory certification and compliance with ASCLD/LAB-International.
Sorenson Forensics offers a competitive benefit package to all full-time employees including: Health & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with employer matching, Paid Holidays, & Vacation time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other protected class.
If you have already uploaded your resume with the button above. You do not need to upload it again below.
|Job Category||Forensic Analysis, Forensic Support Team|