Forensic Scientist (DNA/Serology)
Sorenson Forensics, a leader in Forensic DNA testing, is seeking an experienced or entry-level Forensic Scientist to work in our Serology and/or DNA sections. We offer a full benefits package, 401k and paid holidays. Located very near the Wasatch Mountains and with all four seasons, Salt Lake City offers all sorts of outdoor adventures including biking, hiking, skiing, golfing, and more.
Click the following button to fill out our application form and introduce yourself, we are excited to meet you and learn more about your qualifications. You will also be uploading your resume and other certification documents you might hold.
Experienced Forensic Scientist:
- At least six months of previous forensic serology or DNA testing experience on criminal cases
- Ability to work within a standardized laboratory environment as part of a team
- Track record of high quality work (provide references)
- Leadership skills/ experience is preferred (provide references)
- Position and pay commensurate with experience
Entry-Level Forensic Scientist:
- Meets FBI QAS degree qualifications (Bachelor’s in biology, forensics, or a related discipline)
- Meets FBI QAS coursework requirements (sufficient credits in the following courses: biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, and statistics/ population genetics)
- Willing to start in our Serology department (includes a Y-screening rotation)
- Has the education, drive, and ability to continue to or DNA section once a proven track record of excellence in Serology is established and a DNA position becomes available
- Prior biological laboratory work experience is preferred (provide job references)
- Pipetting skills highly preferred
- Public speaking/ testimony ability is essential. Clear communication in English is a must.
- Forensic-specific degree preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Perform forensic DNA analysis procedures on criminal casework samples
- Participate in laboratory quality assurance and quality control
- Maintain a chain of custody and properly seal, handle, and store criminal evidence
- Interface with and properly utilize the laboratory information management system (LIMS) for record-keeping purposes and for testimony support
- Interpret technical data and prepare a report with your scientific opinion that must pass peer review and be compliant with standard operating procedures
- Testify in criminal or civil courts of law as an expert witness in any jurisdiction in the country at the local, state, or federal level
- Collaborate with co-workers to adjust processes as needed to satisfy customer needs and maximize production without sacrificing quality
- Exemplary written and oral English communication skills
- Attention to detail without losing
siteof end goals
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, standards, and procedures
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, or travel as needed
- Ability to work with limited supervision once trained
- Ability to troubleshoot problems using technical and creative solutions
- Ability to adapt to change rapidly
- Strong computer skills
- A thorough background check and genotype profile is required prior to handling criminal evidence
If you have already uploaded your resume with the button above. You do not need to upload it again below.
|Job Category||Forensic Analysis|